Friday 2 March 2012

Skins or The Show That Should Have Ceased Production After Series 4

I think it's safe to say that no teenage blog would be complete without at least one mention to televisions venereal disease that is, Skins. Sure, I was a fan at the start, Series 1 and 2 were actually quite good and if push came to shove, I'd probably admit to liking the 3rd and 4th series too. But now the time has come to cut the cord and E4 should put a gun to it's head and pull the trigger quicker than an American school kid.

Although I've not been watching the current series, of which I don't know much about granted, I do know that they have so royally run out of ideas that they've had to cast lookalikes of previous characters to remind us that we're still actually watching Skins and not some bullshit American show.

Jal from Series 1 + 2?

Liv from Series 5 + 6?
Excuse me for thinking this, but surely if you've seen Series 1 and 2, you'd at least have a sneaking suspicion that these two females look slightly familiar right? I mean is it just me or what?

Put it this way, I think it's a fucking sad state of affairs if we have to cast very, very similar looking girls to play very, very 'different' roles. What, have we run out of female actors in the UK or what the fucks going on?

Sort it out Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain, although I suppose the moneys good for you two so why would you. I'm just worried about the shit your pumping in to my fucking eyes.

N.B. it seems as if Channel 4 have read my blog
Skins axed by Channel 4 (@guardian)

No comments:

Post a Comment